- This event has passed.
August 12 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
WHAT IS CIVIC SPARK DAY?
Civic Spark Day is a time for public innovation – to brainstorm creative solutions to community problems.
YEAH, BUT WHAT’S THE POINT OF CIVIC SPARK DAY?
Our goal is to bring people together and develop new ideas for future Code for Durham projects. We’ve done some cool things so far- help us figure out what to work on next. Learn more at codefordurham.com.
WHO IS INVITED?
This event is open to participants of all skills, perspectives, and experiences. The more, the better! You don’t need to be a programmer or technology expert to participate.
If you’re into improving our community, working with others, and data-informed solutions, this event is for you!
WHAT’S THE PLAN FOR THE DAY?
• Introductions (What is Code for Durham? What is open data?)
• Presentation of some of the solutions we’ve developed so far
• Panel discussion with community leaders
• Time to brainstorm new solutions
(Plus lunch and a happy hour following the event)
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
• Attend one of our regularly scheduled Civic Hacking Sessions to help prepare for the event (July 11, July 25, August 8)
• Attend the event.
Register on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/civic-spark-day-tickets-35743850820
• Help us spread the word about this event.
• Support the event through a donation or sponsorship.