- This event has passed.
October 29, 2015 @ 12:00 am - November 1, 2015 @ 11:59 pm
First Workshop on Data-Centric Infrastructure for Big Data Science (DIBS) to be held at the IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE Big Data 2015).
This workshop brings together system researchers, practitioners and domain scientists with expertise and interest in Big Data Science to explore novel data-driven approaches in developing and deploying software designs and infrastructure. It will focus on capturing research that seeks to take a holistic and integrated approach to data, infrastructure and resource management; domain science applications that can benefit from these novel data-centric software infrastructures; and experiences that help scientists navigate the problem space.
Topics of interest for the workshop include (but are not limited to) the following subject categories:
– Novel designs approaches and software infrastructures to support Big Data Science
– Networking support for Big Data Science (beyond speeding up data transfers)
– Security including preservation of data privacy in distributed computation settings
– Big Data Science use cases with stringent performance requirements
– Storage infrastructure for Big Data Science
– Resource-aware data management
– Big Data infrastructure designs to support Big Data Science
To learn more or submit a paper, visit the website.