We are often humbled and inspired by the work happening within other organizations that promote data science across sectors. When appropriate, we partner with these groups to provide relevant programming to our community.
Improving Online Digital Inclusivity for Municipal Governments
Webinar Series with Interpersonal Frequency
In 2022 and 2023, the NCDS is delighted to partner with Interpersonal Frequency on a series of webinars designed to improve data literacy by providing a series of inclusivity strategies for local government employees.
- Improving Online Digital Inclusivity on Local Government Websites using the ‘Hidden Cues’ in Data | November 2, 2022 at 12 PM ET
- The Data Shows Your Government Website Content Matters | January 11, 2023 at 12 PM ET
- The Data Shows Government Website Accessibility and Usability Go Hand-In-Hand | February 8, 2023 at 12 PM ET
Building an Inclusive and Transformative Data Strategy in Research and Community Engagement
Online Panel with the UNC Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
As part of UNC-Chapel Hill Research Week 2022, the NCDS partnered with the UNC Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research for the online panel, “Building an Inclusive and Transformative Data Strategy in Research and Community Engagement.”
Dr. Essie Torres, the Director of Strategy for Research Diversity Workforce and Community Partnerships at the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research moderated the event. Panelists Included:
- Dr. Kristin Black — ECU Department of Health Education and Promotion
- Dr. Trenette Goings – UNC School of Social Work
- Dr. Iheoma Iruka — UNC Department of Public Policy
- Mr. Milton Suggs — UNC Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute
View a recording of this event here.